If your school is using the SIMON LMS platform, you can configure grade scale weights directly in SIMON. These weights will be applied to charts and dashboards in Albitros Analytics.
To configure weights in SIMON:
- Log in to SIMON, and navigate to Learning Areas.
- Click on the Maintenance menu item, point to Learning Area Tasks and select Grade Scales. A screen similar to the following should appear:
- Click on the Edit button of the rubric you wish to apply a weighting to. A screen similar to the following should appear:
- Click on the Maintain Weightings button, and enter values as applicable to the rubric:
Notice that the Not Assessed and Absent rubric columns have not been assigned a value, and the Include In Statistical Analysis checkbox has not been checked. This will indicate that Analytics should ignore these values when calculating scores.
- When complete, click the Save button, and repeat on any other scales / rubrics if necessary.
The next time that your data is synchronised from SIMON, your new weights will be applied to the modified grade scales. In most cases grade scales are once per day (overnight in your time zone).