In order to connect your on-premises databases to the Intellischool Data Platform, the Intellischool Sync Agent will need to be installed on a local Windows server.
Intellischool Support will also use the server selected for remote access to provide support for database connectivity and syncing.
The server used can be an existing machine, or you may wish to provision a new virtual machine. You can safely opt for an existing SQL server as the resource overhead for the Sync Agent is minimal.
Minimum system requirements
- Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016 or 2019, or Windows 10
- At least 8GB RAM
- At least 25MB disk space on the primary system drive (usually C: drive) for software installation
- At least 50GB disk space for swap/temporary storage (usually on C: drive, but can be configured to an alternative drive)
If the machine the Sync Agent is installed on is behind a firewall, you will need to whitelist certain domains in order for it to function.
Supported database services
The Sync Agent supports a number of local database services, including:
- Filemaker Pro (with appropriate ODBC license from Filemaker)
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft SQL Server (2016 or later)
- SAP HANA
At this stage unstructured (NoSQL) database services are supported on a case-by-case basis.